This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Our OEM Client based in East UK is searching for a lead engineer to deliver Integrated Occupant Safety & Restraints system to project team meeting functional, financial, quality and time targets. Provide technical leadership and supervisory functions to local team.
- Technical ownership of the Occupant Safety & Restraints (including restraint electronics) systems:
- Design planning - resources and costs
- Technical leadership and day to day management of team
- Release and approval where applicable of Components through MPPDM system
- Preparation of concept information.
- Generation of the Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Support to the Project team in the generation of the Engineering Timing Release Schedule (ETRS).
- Lead component and subsystem design reviews as required.
- Reporting and management of progress relative to the engineering timing and release schedule.
- Technical sign-off and release of design schemes, assembly drawings, component drawings, installation drawings.
- Preparation and approval (where appropriate) of DVP's and FMEA's .
- Providing support to the purchasing function in the selection of vendors including SSS form.
- Transmittal of engineering information to downstream users as required.
- Analysis of test results and concern reports and preparation of concern resolutions.
- Identification and application of new technologies relevant to assigned systems.
- Project Management & Technical Leadership of Key Seat and Restraint System Suppliers.
- Support to the Chief Engineer to develop and implement engineering design processes.
- Represent the Interiors engineering function to clients, potential clients and other areas of the client as required.
- Support to the Chief Engineer in generating planning and programme proposal information.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval.
Skills and Education
- Direct design & development experience of Occupant Restraint Systems.
- Expert Knowledge of Global Legal Safety Requirements at Vehicle and sub system levels including test procedures.
- Proven Leadership skills in delivering technical projects with internal and external partners.
- Application and Interpretation of CAE tools
- CAD awareness, PC Applications, including MS Project and Powerpoint
- OEM or Tier 1 supplier with Occupant Safety related systems experience.
- Strong work ethic, self motivating, ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Flexible to working hours and travel
- Technically credible to clients.
Role is open to contract or permanent applicants - Pay Rate is dependent upon experience.