This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Our OEM Client based in East UK is searching for a senior engineering to join the chassis engineering department, reporting into the Group Manager.
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of engineering design solutions from concept to production for the chassis structures of the vehicle e.g. bonded aluminium tub, subframes etc. With the increase in knowledge and expertise the role can be expanded to include a wider scope of activity with an increase in responsibilities to cover a broader range of systems.
The role is to support the engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover chassis structural parts (e.g. bonded aluminium tub, subframe, seat belt anchorage frame, general bracketry). Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of individual systems / parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability consistent with their experience.
The Client will consider both permanent and contract candidates.
- Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project
- Support for BOM including mass information
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.
Skills and Experience
- HNC or equivalent in mechanical Engineering / automotive Engineering is essential
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering. IMechE accredited training is desired
- Technical knowledge which covers the specification and delivery of chassis related structural parts
- Experience which spans the design process from concept through to production launch
- Proficient in the use of Catia V5
- Proficient in using Teamcentre
- Must have experience within an OEM environment
- Enthusiasm, commitment and organisational ability
Contract or Permanent
Salary/Hourly rate will be dependent upon candidate's level of experience
Must be an EU citizen to Apply