This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Our OEM Client based in East UK is looking for new engineers to join their growing chassis team, reporting into the Engineering Group Manager.
The purpose of the role is the delivery of engineering design solutions from concept to production for the chassis structures of the vehicle e.g. bonded aluminium tub, subframes.
With the increase in knowledge and expertise the role can be expanded to include a wider scope of activity with an increase in responsibilities to cover a broader range of systems.
The candidate will be expected to support the engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover chassis structural parts (e.g. bonded aluminium tub, subframe, seat belt anchorage frame, general bracketry). Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of a sub-system / selection of parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability consistent with their experience.
- Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project:
- Support for BOM including mass information
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.
Skills and Experience
- HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering/automotive engineering is essential.
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or automotive engineering. IMechE is desired.
- Technical knowledge which covers the specification and delivery of chassis related structural parts.
- Experience which spans the design process from concept design through to production launch.
- Proficient in the use of Catia V5.
- Expert in the use of data management systems such as Smarteam or Teamcentre is desired.
- Previous experience in a design role within an automotive OEM is essential.
- Enthusiasm, communication and presentation skills.
- Organisational ability.
Role is open to contract or permanent applicants - Pay Rate is dependent upon experience.