This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Our OEM Client is searching for an experienced engineer to join their chassis department for brakes and controls, reporting into the Engineering Group Manager.
The purpose of the role is the delivery of engineering design solutions from concept to production for the brakes and driver control systems of a vehicle. With the increase in knowledge and expertise the role can be expanded to include a wider scope of activity with an increase in responsibilities to cover a broader range of systems.
To support the engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover brakes and driver control systems (e.g. foundation brakes and actuation, handbrake, gear select mechanism). Individuals at a senior level would be expected to accept design ownership of individual systems and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability subject to experience.
- Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project
- Support for BOM including mass information
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.
Skills and Experience
- HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering/automotive engineering is essential.
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical or automotive engineering. IMechE accredited training is desired.
- Technical knowledge which covers the specification and delivery of chassis related structural parts.
- Experience which spans the design process from concept design through to production launch.
- Proficient in the use of Catia V5
- Expert in using data management software’s such as Teamcentre or Smarteam.
- Experience with a design role in an automotive OEM or Tier One.
- Enthusiasm, communication and presentation skills.
- Organisational ability.
Role is open to contract or permanent applicants - Pay Rate is dependent upon experience.