This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Our OEM Client based in East UK is searching for CAD engineers to join their growing team reporting into the lead engineer.
The purpose of the role is the delivery of engineering design solutions from concept to production for body closures including doors, access panels, latch mechanisms, window systems, roof systems, mirror installations and aid in the nominating of existing propriety systems and components.
With the increase in knowledge and expertise the role can be expanded to include a wider scope of activity with an increase in responsibilities to cover a broader range including legal testing.
The candidate will be expected to support the engineering Lead Engineer - Closures to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover closures (e.g. doors, access panels, latch mechanisms, window systems, roof systems, mirror installations). Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of a sub system / selection of parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability subject to experience and support given.
- Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
- Support for BOM creation including mass information
Skills and Experience
- HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering/automotive engineering is essential.
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical or automotive engineering. IMechE accredited training is desired.
- Technical knowledge which covers the specification and delivery of body structural design.
- Experience which spans the design process from concept design through to production launch.
- Proficient in the use of Catia V5
- Experience using a data management system such as Smarteam or Teamcentre is preferred
- Experience within an automotive OEM is essential.
- Enthusiasm, communication and presentation skills.
- Organisational ability.
Role is open to contract or permanent applicants - Pay Rate is dependent upon experience.