This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Our OEM Client based in East UK is searching for engineers to join their growing team reporting into the lead engineer.
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist expertise, leadership and the engineering management of a design team to achieve all legal requirements for world approved vehicles.
The homologation department has ultimate responsibility for the legality of our vehicles but will be supported by the BIW Leader, Labels and Legals
To support projects release activity. This will include Team centre part and release management, ETRS creation and support, supplier liaison and line build support.
Management of suppliers to deliver turn key solutions if R&D is outsourced. To support projects release activity. This will include Team centre part and release management, ETRS creation and support, supplier liaison and line build support.
- Technical ownership of the assigned systems and subsystems:
- Design planning – resources and costs
- Team leadership and technical management.
- Preparation of concept information.
- Generation of the Bill of Materials (BOM) at system level including mass information
- Support to the Project team in the generation of the Engineering Timing Release Schedule (ETRS).
- Chairing of component and subsystem design reviews as required.
- Reporting and tracking of progress relative to the engineering timing and release schedule including the identification of corrective actions required to ensure targets are realised.
- Technical sign-off and release of design schemes, assembly drawings, component drawings, installation drawings and data packs including DVP’s and FMEA’s to support project requirements.
- Providing support to the purchasing function in the selection of vendors.
- Transmittal of engineering information to downstream users as required.
- Collation of test results and concern reports and preparation of concern resolutions.
- Support to the Chief Engineer to develop and implement engineering design processes.
- Represent the body engineering function to clients, potential clients and other areas of Lotus as required.
- Support to the Chief Engineer in generating planning and programme proposal information.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical/automotive/aerospace, industrial, product engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Higher engineering degree is desired.
- First hand experience of vehicle approvals and testing.
- Experienced in requirements for World approval of related body components.
- Supplier and 3rd party management experience
- Proven Leadership skills with a proven track record of technical project delivery
- Knowledge of a robust engineering delivery process, technical risk management and control
- Catia V5 proficient.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Awareness of important of CAE to engineering delivery.
- OEM or Tier One experience in a similar role.
- Confident and articulate.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- High knowledge of CAD systems.
- Second language advantageous.
Role is open to contract or permanent applicants - Pay Rate is dependent upon experience.