|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Professional Services - Buyer|
|Start Date||10 Jan 2018|
We are searching for a Programme Buyer, for a 48 week contract, to be based at Warwick University.
The role of the Programme Buyer is to support product development and the Engine Manufacturing Centre along with supplier technical assistance, in transitioning supplier assistance from point of sourcing on new engine, or model year, programmes through to ongoing supply and availability of quality parts at appropriate capacity, to cost, right first time. This is for pre-production builds up to and beyond mass production, Job 1- through and onward to while recognising all and any risks and opportunities, driving activities and teams to target adherence on cost, delivery and quality. The programme buyer is located within the Engine Global Commodity and Regional delivery teams in the UK which allows efficient communication and facilitates appropriate influencing opportunities to ensure programme deliverables are met. This highly visible role will own the responsibility for the delivery of a number of business critical programmes within the UK region at EMC. Additionally they act as the key purchase interface with Engine Programme Launch teams at EMC. This role provides scope for the Programme Buyer to have a strong voice and ability to influence delivery of engine programme deliverables on time.
- Maintain data and communicating status, projection with supplier recovery where required.
- Become familiar with company tools and processes to ensure delivery of programme targets
- Ensure launch and production risks are contained, prevented escalated and fully communicated
- Support supplier communication initiatives
The successful candidate should have the following skills-
- Strong Microsoft Office skills-particularly Excel
- Minimum 3 years experience in Purchasing, ideally with expertise in automotive project management
- Highly self motivated, enthusiastic, determined and able to work on their own initiative with little guidance and also as part of a cross functional team.
Ideally the candidate will have the following experience
- Automotive background preferred
- Global automotive companies commodity and supplier market knowledge
- Understanding of cost management/product cost drivers and models
- Experience of planning change management programmes
- Experience of cross functional process development
- Knowledge of SAP systems
Must be an EU Citizen to apply