|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||£17 - 21 per hour|
|Start Date||04 Sep 2017|
We have had a fantastic opportunity become available for a Specialist Engineer based in Gaydon on an initial 3 month contract. A brief description of the role follows below-
The newly created Complexity Management team sits within Product and Architecture Strategy and has the responsibility to develop and set the commonality and complexity agenda for the company going forward. This has to ensure that the company can achieve world class levels of commonality and complexity management, enabling achievement of improved quality, reduced investment, resource and variable costs. Our objective is to have a significant impact on the overall business performance of the company in the future by simplifying engineering, reducing complexity so as to improve company profits with relevant customer differentiation and variety.
- Participate in the deployment of Commonality and Complexity strategy and targets within architectures / programmes, CoC as required.
- Facilitation and support for engineering teams to develop their own commonality targets and strategies.
- Communicate strategy and ensure tools are appropriate to deploy into engineering and programme teams
- Establish roll out and delivery plans across commodities that drive commonality best practices
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
The candidate must have the relevant skills to be successful in the role-
- Strong communicator with the ability to coach and support cross functional teams.
- Results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance, an individual who is able to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
- Working knowledge of engineering processes and methods, successful translation of strategic change needs to practical tools and processes at programme and functional level
- Understanding of the hierarchy of Architectures, Systems, Sub systems and Components
- Strategy phase development/delivery or delivery experience that has had to manage Complexity and Variety
- Understanding of programme cost structures including tooling and D+D investment, variable cost or TVM activities
- Working knowledge of WERS, iPLM, PADB and other relevant systems
Must be an EU Citizen to Apply