This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
|Start Date||12 Jan 2018|
Senior Engineer – HVAC and Cooling
Our OEM Client based in East UK is seeking an experienced engineer to join their HVAC and Cooling chassis team, reporting into the Engineering Group Manager.
The purpose of the role is the delivery of engineering solutions from concept to production for the HVAC and Cooling systems of a vehicle. With the increase in knowledge and expertise the role can be expanded to include the supervision of junior design staff and recognition as the subject matter expert for specific systems.
The candidate will be expected to support the engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover the HVAC and cooling systems. Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of a sub-system / selection of parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability subject to experience.
The Client will consider both permanent and contract candidates
- Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project
- Support for BOM including mass information
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.
Skills and Experience
- HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering/automotive engineering is essential.
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering/automotive engineering. IMechE accredited training.
- Detailed technical knowledge which covers the specification and delivery of HVAC/Cooling systems.
- Experience which spans the design process from concept design through to production launch.
- Proficient in the use of Catia V5
- Expert in using data management systems such as Smarteam or Teamcentre
- Experience working in design for an automotive OEM or Tier One
- Enthusiasm, communication and presentation skills.
- Organisational ability
Contract or Permanent
Salary/Hourly rate will be dependent upon candidate's level of experience
Must be an EU citizen to Apply