|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Alias Modeller|
|Salary||Competitive rate dependent on experience|
|Start Date||01 Apr 2018|
We have had a fantastic opportunity become available for an Alias Modeller based in Coventry on a 6 month contract.
TM ETC Design is part of the Global Tata design network. The UK facility is leading the development of new vehicle designs for Tata Motors and assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges. The CAS Modeller role will contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of our world class UK design operation.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Acts as a single point of contact for the modelling team for the entire duration of each project (exterior or interior)
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Supporting the Studio Design Team to enable the delivery of both math and physical design properties.
- Work directly with Design, Clay Modelling and Studio Engineering teams to develop 3D Digital model data
- Prepare renderings, technical drawings & CAD models of design proposals in support of the Design Release Process
- Must be able to interpret 2D sketches, pictures and drawings in order to turn them into 3D models Must be able to communicate and take directions verbally from designers and engineers
- Able to work alone when required and work well with in a team environment
- Must have a good understanding of how long it takes to create a model and understand budgetary and timing limits
- Generate High Integrity math as/where necessary. Suitable for transfer into other CAD systems (principally ldeas/Catia/ProE).
- Generate math models suitable for milling/RPT applications (e.g. closed volume STL files).
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the engineers understand proposed design changes.
- Produce world class presentation renderings in Showcase or VRED
- Presenting digital models to design management team using state of the art presentation techniques (3D Powerwall presentation)
- Supporting the Designers with the generation of 3D models from 2D proposals/verbal directions. Provide technical information and support to senior management for design reviews.
- Carry out special projects, as directed by management.
- Support Colour and Trim design activities to ensure themes, and details are accurately captured in the digital presentation models
- Travel to other Design studios
- English language written and verbal is essential.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.