|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials|
|Salary||Competitive rate dependent on experience|
Senior Studio Engineer - Colour & Material
Colour & Material and Quality Studio Engineering 51730 is a part of 51700 Studio Engineering at Product Design. The group consists of two areas of responsibility, Colour & Material and Design Quality assurance. Each area is responsible to secure the feasibility of the Design delivery within its area of responsibility, and to support Designers to meet the Design intention. This work is done in close cooperation with the other departments at Product Design and R&D.
As a Colour & Material Studio Engineer you will be working very close to the Product Designer, but also towards R&D and our Clients suppliers, with the development of new decors, upholsteries, colours etc. You will be developing strategies together with their Designers, securing their deliveries and work planning of the Colour & Material development within Design. You need to be able to see the big picture but also go into detailed discussions. The work tasks can change over time and it is important to be flexible and have the ability to learn and face new challenges.
Today we need a Senior Studio Engineer to work with plastic- and grain development and paint applications.
- Secure our Colour & Material deliveries with technical expertise to meet the Design Intention
- Secure delivery of A-masters within the area of responsibility
- Work planning of Design deliveries
- Challenge engineering when needed to meet Design Intention
- Be a part of the strategic work
- Secure a creative dialogue with our suppliers
- Technical university degree or equivalent based on work experience
- Documented material knowledge within textile and/or leather/vinyl.
- Very good English knowledge, both spoken and written
- Experience from Colour & Material development work
- Good leadership skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Ability to understand and explain a Design intention
- Very good communication and cooperation skills
- Capacity to build a large network
We expect you to have:
Material knowledge, interest in cars and creative driving skills. You shouldn’t hesitate to be involved in heated discussions and at the same time be good at cooperation both internal at Product Design, nevertheless towards other departments and our suppliers.
We expect you to have a lot of energy and commitment as well as a willingness to contribute to the Clients ambition and reach Design Leadership
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.