This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Alias Modeller|
|Salary||Competitive Hourly Rate, Dependant on Experience|
|Start Date||27 Aug 2018|
Our OEM client in Göteborg, Sweden, are looking for a Principal Surface Designer within the Interior/Exterior Class-A Surfacing team with absolute top skills in Alias for the digital modelling component team.
Design is a crucial part of creating a brand – a product identity for the customer to relate to. The design of our clients cars are strongly influenced by their Scandinavian origins, with elegance, function and purity of lines as strong design elements. Design is a unit of 230 employees divided in one creative part and one operative part who closely works together to fulfill the design task.
Our Clients Department 51600, Digital Modelling is primarily responsible for creating digital design models (DSM) in close cooperation with project managers, designers, studio engineers, suppliers, and to ensure that product design has a competitive IT environment.
The group’s main responsible area, is to deliver DSM in the late phases of the design process (Class-A Surfacing), covering the last internal DSM gates of the programs.
The task will be to develop interior and/or exterior surface models in the late phases of the design process.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Main input will be sketches, rough alias models from designers and scan data from clay models.
- A good sense of form, ability to build quick models with good quality and a “nothing is impossible attitude” is required.
- As a principal surface designer, the successful candidate will be among the top modellers in the business. They will have experience from leading teams and projects and have the ability to produce good Digital Surface Models, fast and accurate. No modelling job is too difficult.
- Candidates should have at least 8 years’ experience from automotive modelling.
- Good verbal skills in English and references is necessary.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.