|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Sketch Designer|
|Salary||Dependent on experience|
Our automotive OEM based in Göteborg are looking for a Product Design Quality Specialist to join their team.
Working with Design Quality, you are an active link between Product Design, Engineering and
Manufacturing departments. You will work cross projects from initial benchmarks and target settings
through to industrialization. You will be responsible for Design Quality assessment and reviews on
complete car level as well as on part level. You will provide support to the design department regarding
technical constraints and opportunities as well as input regarding Design execution best practices within
your area. The role also means that you are representing design department in a cross-functional team,
being the window person to our China Operations. We are looking for a person with a strong interest and
sense for Automotive Design, combined with strong quality and manufacturing knowledge.
• Min 10 years Automotive experience with relevant experience. Recommended background: experienced
Lead digital modeler, Perceived quality or Design Quality.
• Strong understanding of shape and surface quality. Strong understanding of Design execution
best practice, and how to achieve it.
• Strong understanding for Gap & Flush requirement.
• Strong ability to assess Design Quality through physical models and Digital models (Alias,
• Very strong drive, can manage conflicts
• Need to be able to appreciate and help developing relevant processes
• Need to be able to assess and review Design Quality on production and pre-production parts
• Good understanding of customer needs and overall vehicle target setting
• A good knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements and lead times.
• Travel will be required.
Software and IT:
Office, one or more of Alias, ICEM or Catia, Teamcenter, VRED
Competence requirements for: CAD (CATIA)
☐ Solid ☒ Surface
Competence requirements for: Team Center Automotive
☐ Author ☒ Viewer
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.