This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials|
|Salary||Competitive Salary Plus Benefits, Dependent on Experience|
Design for our client is an international effort, and as part of this diverse team, you will be working with colleagues both in the UK and India to create evocative and meaningful experiences.
Our Client has a rich history as the longest continuously manufacturing motorcycle company, and a great expectation from our customers to steward that heritage into exceptional modern motorcycles. With a state of the art Technology Centre and Design Studio in the Leicestershire countryside, they are looking to expand their talented team with a Colour, Trim and Graphic Designer.
With the team, you will work to create product graphics, logos and colour schemes. You will work with suppliers to develop and design innovative solutions for different materials, surface effects and colour proposals.
You will work on a variety of projects that provide a maximum of visual and tactile impact and inspiration. For research purposes you will regularly visit the most important trade fairs to be aware of current trends, new materials and innovative technologies.
You will be able to simulate appropriate images in computer CG software and present them for reviews both internally and externally.
Successful candidates have worked at least 4 years in an OEM studio environment on production projects. All candidates must be able to work towards tight deadlines as well as working closely with fellow team members. Occasional business trips (2-5 times per year) to India will be part of this role. The internal team language is English.
What You Will Do:
● Forecast and analyse colour, material and finish trends
● Work alongside the other studio based functions and teams e.g. Clay/CAD/Program Planning/Design to develop exciting CTG proposals
● Work with Strategy to plan C&T across MY programs & special projects
● Analyse Design Brand DNA as it relates to the vehicle line and create appropriate designs.
● Interface with and obtain input from Planning, Marketing and Engineering teams
● Prepare 2D concept sketches using appropriate computer technology
● Collaborate with other design disciplines such as engineering, and vendors to execute on project objectives, deliverables, and timelines
● Follow the development of physical models
● Keep abreast of Design/Colour and Materials/Technical/Other Trends developments within automotive/other industries.
● Identify and benchmark relevant competitors, encouraging awareness of trends inside and outside the automotive industry.
What You Need to Succeed:
● Bachelor's degree required in Automotive Transportation Design or Industrial Design with an emphasis on Transportation Design . Experience in the field would be preferred however not mandatory.
● Effective interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people
● Demonstrate passion for colour and design
● Strong communication skills
● Ability to effectively sell your ideas
● Excellent attention to detail
● Experience with Graphics and applications
● Have exceptional design intuition, strong problem solving skills and an ability to visually communicate through sketches, and renderings
● Ability to think three-dimensionally with a strong emphasis on proportions and a refined sense of form
● Must be experienced in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software. Knowledge of additional applications is welcome for this position, as its will deal with various aspects of visual communication for all design assignments These could include Rhino, Alias, Showcase, VRED
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.