This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Competitive rate dependent on experience|
Our automotive OEM client based in Gaydon are looking for a Digital Artist to join their team.
This role works as part of the Digital Assets Development team, responsible for maintaining and improving existing pipeline, tools and processes within the Digitals Assets Group, as well as developing new and exciting tools and methods to support business transformation.
Key features of the role include supporting the development and maintenance of tools and processes for existing CGI creation applications from a visualisation perspective, to support both the Model Build and Imagery Creation teams, along with the generation of new applications to grow the scope and offering of the group as a whole.
The successful candidate will also maintain a good working knowledge of traditional CGI techniques, when working in both realtime and offline rendering, to support future development activities..
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficient Delivery – Following process and standards at all times and can demonstrate as such
- Positive Impact – Ensure consistently delivered, high quality content at all times
- Agile and Flexible – ability to turn around work requests and project delivery quickly and manage time effectively
- High Performance – Percentage of objectives delivered according to required specification and project scope
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Pipeline and Process Developer on Production projects
- Support development team with detailed knowledge of Digital Assets Standards and Processes as well as technical understanding of CGI shading, lighting and rendering techniques and utilisation of associated software packages
- To be a key enabler of the development team to test new tools and processes before deployment within the wider Digital Assets group community
- Research and investigate new production methods to replace existing ones in respect of Digital Assets Group development road map
- Ensure that all created files and code is stored and managed in accordance to Digital Assets Development and the clients standards. Take responsibility for the status / order of all production folder directories utilised during production activities
- Be aware of new and emerging tools and techniques that would have a positive impact on operational processes
- Digital Assets Imagery Creation Production team – to ensure collaborative development with the Imagery Creation team
- Digital Assets Model build Production team – to ensure collaborative development with the Model Build Team Development Manager – to Ensure active development and progression of the Digital Assets Group offering to the client
- Undertake any other work as directed by the Digital Assets management in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a CGI production environment
- 3+ years of direct experience in Automotive CGI production
- Expert in Autodesk Maya/3DS MAX, Chaos Group VRay (or equilavent) and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience supervising / supporting other team members in a lead role
- Experience in working to defined processes and technical standards (pipeline)
- Knowledge of MS Office – Excel in particular
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience working for Automotive OEMs
- Experience using Deltagen for visualisation
- Experience working with games engine (UE4/Unity) software and technology as part of a production activity (games industry or similar)
- Good Knowledge of Python and MEL Script
- Experience attending production photoshoots to generate content to support asset creation
- Experience using Foundry Nuke
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver high-quality imagery in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Strong ability and resilience to work in a fast-paced production with a proven record of meeting deadlines whilst maintaining high quality delivery
- Proven record of leading small production teams on CGI production projects
- A reliable individual with paramount attention to detail and quality of output
- An individual dedicated to working to a defined process and set of technical standards
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator who can lead team collaboration
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members while expecting high performance
- An individual always seeking to improve quality and lead more efficient ways of working
- An individual seeking to constantly improve their knowledge of CGI toolsets
- Experience working with games engine software and technology as part of a production activity (games industry or similar)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.