This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Competitive rate dependent on experience|
Our automotive OEM client based in Gaydon are looking for a Lead CGI Artist to join their team.
This role works as part of the Digital Assets Imagery Creation team to generate high quality, photorealistic content for a variety of internal and external customer facing use cases that are fully representative of the clients products and agency creative direction, and compliant with Digital Assets technical standards. The primary focus is on delivery of still imagery content to cater for Marketing Sales and Services and cross-functional customer facing use cases.
Key features of the role include texturing, shader creation, implementation of scene lighting, rendering and compositing, as well as a keen eye for detail and realism when creating content, especially at high image resolutions.
Additionally, there will be scope to maintain and adapt internal processes to improve efficiency and quality of imagery delivered by the department.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficient Delivery – Following process and standards at all times and can demonstrate as such
- Positive Impact – Ensure consistently delivered, high quality content at all times.
- Agile and Flexible – ability to turn around work requests quickly and mange time effectively
- High Performance – Percentage of assets delivered according to required specification and project scope
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Production Supervisor on Production scheduling and delivery timings
- Consume 3D model data to generate imagery content to support various use cases within Marketing Sales and Services.
- Support production sub-team with detailed knowledge of Digital Assets Imagery Creation Standards and Processes as well as technical understanding of CGI shading, lighting and rendering techniques and utilisation of associated software packages
- Consume build inputs to generate prepared model data according to Digital Assets Standards
- Utilise Product Data Model Build Specification document to ensure completed scope of work is actioned and tracked accordingly
- Capture any issues discovered with relation the build inputs and communicate to Digital Assets Operations team member(s) via appropriate escalation routes / meetings / documents
- Be accountable and ensure optimal quality of own work produced, as well as constructively critique and supervise imagery created by others in the department.
- Identify areas to develop of Digital Assets processes and standards through continuous improvement in collaboration with the Digital Assets Imagery Creation team
- Ensure that all production work is stored and managed in accordance to Digital Assets production standards.
- Take responsibility for the status / order of all production folder directories utilised during production activities
- Undertake any other work as directed by the Digital Assets Imagery Creation manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
- Digital Assets Imagery Creation colleagues – to support all production activities and provide support guidance as per instruction by Production Supervisor
- Digital Assets Operations team – where directed by Production Supervisor
- Agency Creative Teams – To collaborate and define production requirements to support project execution
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a CGI production environment
- 3+ years of direct experience in Automotive CGI production
- Expert in Autodesk Maya/3DS MAX, Chaos Group VRay (or equilavent) and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience supervising / supporting other team members in a lead role
- Experience in working to defined processes and technical standards (pipeline)
- Knowledge of MS Office – Excel in particular
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience working with / for Automotive OEMs
- Experience using Deltagen for visualisation
- Experience working with games engine software and technology as part of a production activity (games industry or similar)
- Good Knowledge of Python and MEL Script
- Experience attending production photoshoots to generate content to support asset creation
- Experience using Foundry Nuke
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver high-quality imagery in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Strong ability and resilience to work in a fast-paced production with a proven record of meeting deadlines
- whilst maintaining high quality delivery.
- A reliable individual with paramount attention to detail and quality of output
- An individual dedicated to working to a defined process and set of technical standards
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator who can lead team collaboration
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members while expecting high performance
- An individual always seeking to improve quality and lead more efficient ways of working
- An individual seeking to constantly improve their knowledge of CGI toolsets
- Experience working with games engine software and technology as part of a production activity (games
- industry or similar)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.