This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Competitive rate dependent on experience|
Our automotive OEM client based in Gaydon are looking for a Digital Production Supervisor to join their team.
This role works as part of the Digital Assets Prouduction team to prepared and deliver model data so it is fully representative of respective client products and compliant with Digital Assets technical standards. Primary focus is supervison and support for Production Team Members (PTM) to ensure that key Product Data Model (PDM) deliverables; such as: geometric data preparation, Soft Surface modelling, rules engine configuration, colour and material application and export of model data into required formats for business consumption are delivered to the Operations Team with respect to Digital Assets technical standards.
Key features of the role include resource management, work allocation, assessment of build inputs to determine build readiness, quality control according to Digital Assets Standards, status reporting, risk / issue tracking, model delivery tracking, creation and utilisation of tools and documents to facilitate all aspects of role
Key Performance Indicators:
- High Performance – Focused on delivering error-free models to the business
- Efficient Delivery – All status reports and completed model assets deliverd to specification and on time
- Agility & Flexibility – Demonstrated ability to respond to Change Requests and adapt resource plan where required
- Effective Communications – Demonstrated ability to channel communications effectively through Digital
- Assets Operations Team and Production Management where required
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with CAD Extraction Specialist / Data Preparation Lead and Programme Planner on Pre-build status
- Work with Operations Team to align programme plan with resource allocation planning
- Work collaboratively with Data Preparation Specialist to ensure that standards are clear and may be easily utilised by the Production Team.
- Accept delivery of build inputs from Operations team and indicate where data is insufficient to complete build according to required standards
- Quality assessment of all modelled assets with the aim of eliminating / minimising issues captured by Operations Team
- Daily / Weekly reports on status to Operations team via Programme Planner, includes attendance of all model build operations meetings
- Tracking of all risks and issues associated with model build activities in a timely manner and subsequent collaboration with Operations team on issue resolution
- Collaboration with Operations team on creation of any tools and documentation required to maximise build process efficiency and maintenance of such tools
- Undertake any other work as directed by the Digital Assets manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
- Digital Assets Operations colleagues – to ensure collaborative model delivery
- Digital Assets Production team – to supervise and support all resources and ensure production efficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing / supervising a team of production personnel
- Expert in CGI data preparation and modelling softwares (Autodesk Maya) and processes
- Expert in data / file management, structuring and configuration
- Experience in working to defined processes and technical standards (pipeline)
- Knowledge of MS Office – Excel in particular
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience using Deltagen for data preparation and modelling
- Experience in developing data model production processes
- Knowledge of CGI coding languages (Python, C++, UE4)
- Previous experience working with outsourced resource and managing supplier personnel
- Previous experience working with / for Automotive OEMs
- Experience working with low poly data sets
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver high-quality models in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- A reliable individual with paramount attention to detail and quality of output
- An individual dedicated to working to a defined process and set of technical standards
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator who can lead team collaboration
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members while expecting high performance
- An individual always seeking to improve quality and lead more efficient ways of working
- An individual seeking to constantly improve their knowledge of CGI toolsets
- Experience working with games engine software and technology as part of a production activity (games industry or similar)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.