This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Competitive rate dependent on experience|
Our automotive OEM client based in Gaydon are looking for a Digital Surface Modeller to join their team.
This role works as part of the Digital Assets Production team to fully prepared and deliver model data so it is fully representative of respective client products and fully compliant with Digital Assets technical standards. Primary focus is on delivery of modelled soft-trimmed parts which capture all elements of detail which is required to facilitate realistic CGI and may not be captured in production CAD data.
Key features of the role include data management, change management, file structuring, topology management, UV quality management, stitch creation, sculpting, reference requirements management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficient Delivery – Following process and standards at all times and can demonstrate as such
- Positive Impact – Ensure consistently delivered, high quality content at all times.
- Agile and Flexible – ability to turn around work requests quickly and mange time effectively
- High Performance – Percentage of assets delivered according to required specification and project scope
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Production Supervisor and PTM Lead on Pre-build status
- Consume build inputs to generate high quality soft-modelled data according to Digital Assets Standards
- Utilise Product Data Model Build Specification document to ensure completed scope of work is actioned and tracked accordingly
- Capture any issues discovered with relation the build inputs and communicate to Digital Assets Operations team member(s) via appropriate escalation routes / meetings / documents
- Be accountable for the quality of all production work outputted as part of model build activities and change management
- Support development of Digital Assets Standards through continuous improvement in collaboration with the Digital Assets Operations team
- Ensure that data is filed and managed in an ordered and repeatable fashion. Take responsibility for the status / order of all production folder directories utilised during production activities
- Undertake any other work as directed by the Digital Assets manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
- Digital Assets Production colleagues – to ensure collaborative model delivery
- Digital Assets Operations team – where directed by Production Supervisor / PTM Lead
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Expert in CGI data preparation and modelling softwares (Autodesk Maya / Mudbox / Photoshop) and
- Expert in data / file management, structuring and configuration
- Experience in working to defined processes and technical standards (pipeline)
- Knowledge of MS Office – Excel in particular
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience using Deltagen for data preparation and modelling
- Experience in developing data model production processes
- Ability to work with low-poly data sets
- Previous experience working with / for Automotive OEMs
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance
- with the ability to deliver high-quality models in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- A reliable individual with paramount attention to detail and quality of output
- An individual dedicated to working to a defined process and set of technical standards
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator who can lead team collaboration
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members while expecting high performance
- An individual always seeking to improve quality and lead more efficient ways of working
- An individual seeking to constantly improve their knowledge of CGI toolsets
- Experience working with games engine software and technology as part of a production activity (games industry or similar)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.