|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Project Management - Design|
Our automotive OEM client based in the Midlands are looking for an Design Project Leader to join their team.
The successful candidate will lead and support the project team. Be accountable for project management of design project content (Exterior, Interior, C&M, Interaction, Visualization and Design Quality) during all product development phases, from architecture definition to final product design, and deliver according to design plans, milestones and objectives in respective Projects.
Responsibilities And Tasks
- Drive according to product development process and time/logic plan, to fulfil project requirements and accomplish project objectives
- Create and maintain design project plans and sub plans, and integrate with overall project / program plans.
- Manage the design project timing, content/scope and quality.
- Manage design project cost, forecasts & follow-up.
- Plan, secure and manage design project activities and resources
- Identify and manage design project risks.
- Manage design project communication, with stakeholders and management.
- Organise design reviews, and be the spokesperson for the design department to communicate the design decisions/directions given by Design management.
- University degree in design, engineering or relevant work experience.
- Extensive project experience within automotive design environment gained post graduation.
- Good Understanding of all processes and tools within automotive product design.
- Extensive knowledge of processes interfacing with automotive product design.
- Ability to manage and analyse economic data (forecast, budget and actuals).
- Interpretation and application of program plans to meet project goals in terms of time, cost and content.
- Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions.
- Ability to foster team spirit.
- Experience from working in an global environment/organization.
- High level of self-initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of business.