This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials|
Our OEM client based in Gothenburg are look for a Studio Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be an active link between Product Design, Engineering, suppliers and Purchasing departments. You will work cross projects and cross functions from initial benchmarks and target settings through to industrialization.
You will work very closely with CMF designers, but also with Engineering and suppliers, to develop new materials such as exterior colours, exterior and interior decors, interior trims, interior colours etc. For this assignment you will work with interior/exterior foil and decor.
You will be developing strategies, ensuring our deliveries and plan our CMF development within Product Design. You are representing Design in these issues and you need to understand both the big picture and to be able to go into detailed discussions.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support CMF development- and 3D Design with technical expertise in surface
- materials and related processes
- Perform Material and Supplier Research, and organize supplier meetings
- Evaluate techniques that suppliers present and get an understanding of what it would mean in terms of design (including 3D design), timing and cost.
- Act as design representatives in forum outside design department, when needed.
- Participate in- and contribute with technical input at CMF-, Interior- and Exterior design reviews.
- Participate in Project Content discussions.
- Prepare- and follow up budget and time schedule for material development up to B-master delivery.
- Initiate- and document handshake for supplier selections for Master developments.
- Coordinate that technical requirements (pre-verification demands), cost targets etc. for materials is agreed and communicated to selected suppliers.
- Initiate- and document A and B-master handshake
- Monitor content- and material changes after B-master delivery
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. eng. OR equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of working with foils and other deco surface materials.
- Ability to drive, motivate and convince
- Very good knowledge in materials
- Good communication skills
- Ability to build a wide network
- Ability to communicate / explain the design intentions
- Fluent in English