|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - ICEM Surf|
Our client based in Sweden are looking for a Senior Surface Designer to join their team.
- Create exterior and interior surfaces with the aid of the Design departments DSM modeling tools.
- Time planning of DSM assignments
- Together with Designer and Studio Engineer, take responsibility for the inclusion of the correct start parameters in the proposal.
- Responsible for VU (Group Activity development)
- Deliver DSM models within the agreed time frame and to safeguard the quality of the proposal.
- Act as Mentor
- Be able to act as DML (Digital Model Leader)
- Lead working groups and take own responsibility.
- University Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years experience of digital surface modelling in ICEM Surf / Alias
- Level 3 according to VCC generic competencies "deliver excellence in execution"
- Minimum level 3 in two of the competence area People management, Form and CAD.
Communication and co-operation
- To be able to work in a group and take own responsibility.
- Spoken and written English
- Good understanding and long experience in one of Product Designs surfacing CAD systems (ICEM-surf)
- Basic knowledge of platform CAD system.
- A long documented experience of form and function.
- Experts skills in ICEM-SURF
- Basic skills in CATIA V5
- Very good skills in surfacing methods and techniques.
- Good skills in visualization of DSM in Icem-Surf for design reviews.
- Good knowledge in the GPDS Design process.
- Documented experience in leading Class-A Surfacing team
- Strong in relationships, own development and have strong communication skills.
- Knowledge about customer focus, business acumen, delivers excellence in execution, and personal characteristics
You will need to be able too:
- Understand how the shape of a part has implications on appearance.
- Understand design sketches and be able to translate the designer's intents into a DSM.
- Judge timing for creation of DSM.
- Understands and apply the requirement of the DSM deliveries regarding tolerances, surface quality and technical content at the different GPDS gates.
- Understand and apply technical information from drawings and package models from R&D into the DSM.
- Understanding of how construction of tools impacts the DSM.
- Responsible for department development.