|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||East Anglia, UK|
ADAS Application Engineer:
- Design & Release engineer for (DAT) Driver Assist Technology systems and features for Commercial Vehicle applications.
- Develop product definition, program assumptions and targets with Marketing, Finance, Program Planning and Program Management.
- Lead engineering tasks to support GPDS program milestones and gateways: design, develop, release, test and launch content to meet specification requirements and program targets (time, costs, weight, quality).
- Source and project manage suppliers leading Team of Four with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating. ASAP, ESOW, RFQ, SOBA, CPA.
- Package components and modules to meet CAD design rules, DPA and E2KS requirements.
- Ensure correct requirements capture and understand detailed technical specifications.
- Support EI-PAT, FIP and software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development and system compatibility.
- Plan and coordinate component, system and vehicle level design verification (DV) and testing to support / gateways using eFDVS.
- Production Deliver PPAP parts for production, support prototype builds and production launches at global vehicle assembly plants.
- Support manufacturing, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
- Lead investigations to diagnose and resolve test failures, Voice of Customer issues and quality concerns.
- Support Integration Meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management working with Dunton, Merkenich and Dearborn teams.
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, FMA tools and disciplines to continually improve components and systems.
- Knowledge of Client Global Product Development System and Engineering Tools and Processes: VSEM, GPDS, eFDVS, AVBOM, WERS, AIMS, Teamcenter.
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software development. PD processes, design methodologies, software and requirements management.
- The candidate must have:- a valid driving license for use in the UK, mainland Europe, and The ability to travel, without restriction, to mainland Europe and to any of the Client’ development sites or Manufacturing locations worldwide.
Systems engineering, vehicle testing, automotive electronics
Relevant Automotive, or Engineering degree. Driver Licence
This position has been assessed as Inside IR35.