|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
The company employ engineers and technical specialists and is regarded as a centre-of-excellence for whole vehicle design and development. A small but complete car company, with expertise in advanced engineering and research, design, whole vehicle product development and manufacturing engineering. There continues to be significant investment from the parent company.
An experienced Lead Studio Design Engineer is required to join a company based in a brand new impressive, state of the art Building on Warwick University Campus, leading the development of new vehicle designs, assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges.
The studio engineering role will contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of our world class UK design operation.
- Studio Engineering Project leader
- Provide studio engineering support from initial concept design through manufacturing feasibility to prototype development and into volume production and vehicle launch.
- Expert Knowledge required in the areas of studio engineering and styling support. Class A surfacing, BIW and Trim (interior and exterior) design and development
- Analyzing daily package and feasibility issues with Design, Clay/ Digital modeling and engineering teams and proposing world-class solutions
- Managing surface and design reviews to highlight and clarify areas of concern
- Support the VCIM (Vehicle concepts integration meeting) process
- Participation in aerodynamic reviews / other technical & functional reviews.
- Preparing technical proposals, vehicle overlays, comparison sections, data sheets, screenshots and power points to present at design reviews.
- Interpreting legislative requirements such as vision angles / zones, etc. to ensure compliance by the Design Surface Models.
- Verifying data and distributing between Engineering, Modelling, Manufacturing and Suppliers
- You will be Degree qualified, have extensive experience from within automotive in a similar role.
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge in the following relevant technical specialities; vehicle set up /packaging experience, vehicle legislation requirements and technical feasibility of automotive trim systems.
This position is listed as Inside IR35 and will be on a rolling 6 month contract basis.