|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Central London, UK|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials Designer|
Our Client based in London, UK is seeking an experienced and pragmatic senior colour and materials designer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will meet the below job description and as the role will be based in UK, must have citizenship to the UK.
• Create and deliver complete design proposals according to design vision/brief and project prerequisites in assigned programs.
• Produce creative and detailed design solutions fulfilling complex technical criteria working in close collaboration with other design disciplines.
• Develop CMF concepts, which are translated into physical solutions and prototypes.
• Create Colour, Material, Finish definition documents and safeguard CMF releases linked to design gateways.
• Prepare presentations and showcase materials for design reviews. Main focus is to be able to visualize concepts digitally (in Photoshop, VRED, VR), with support from our visualization team.
• Attend in project meetings, representing CMF.
• Work closely and interact with both internal as well external stakeholders.
• Liaise with Marketing and Project teams
• Bachelor’s degree within Industrial Design, Transportation Design or Fine Arts preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience from automotive/transportation design. Experience working in other design related industries is an advantage.
• Deep knowledge in design process and methodology as well CMF development.
• Fluent in English.
• Understanding of complete car development process.
• Strong communicator with good presentation skills, both verbally and visually.
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite & VRED with ability to visualize and communicate ideas effectively in 2D and 3D. Other software like Substance or Key Shot is also valuable.
• Strong drive, independent and confident as well as a good team player.
• Structured, methodical and analytical with good planning skills.
• Flexible and able to work under constrained time schedules and frequently revised circumstances.
Software and IT:
Adobe Creative Suite and VRED. Additional advantage if you possess skills in e.g., Alias, Rhino, Grasshopper, Keyshot, Substance.