|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||South East, UK|
|Sector||Design - CAD Engineer|
|Salary||£40 - 50 per hour|
Our OEM Client based in Surrey is looking for experienced CAD Engineers to join their team on a 12-month contract basis. Work will be done hybrid with 45 hours per week and minimum 2-3 days on-site with the rest from home. Equipment and licenses will be provided and whilst inside IR35, the rates on offer are attractive. Get in touch for more details on how this can be broken down for you.
Senior Design Engineer
To provide “clean sheet” concept packaging, production drawings, and detailed design solutions compatible with Design Studio and Vehicle Engineering requirements in accordance with the Project timing and Spec Book targets.
• Report to Design Engineering Technical leadership during concept phase of projects.
• Report to Line/ Attribute manager in terms of operation.
• In the latter stages of the project design phase work within the wider Product Development Design Engineering team taking guidance from and supporting other functional areas as required.
• Produce component packaging and concept studies including compatibility with latest styling direction.
• Chassis, Powertrain, interior, electrical, BIW and body systems design, packaging and detailing, (produce manufacturing drawings) from prototype to production, including supporting all Mule car design and development activity.
• Reconcile manufacturing and assembly feasibility with aerodynamics, styling and component or system specifications.
• Stand-alone mechanical system design projects to fulfil specific future engineering or commercial requirements.
• Identify opportunities to reduce complexity, cost and weight.
• Check the content of designs for release against the specification, the data integrity of CAD geometry and resolution of digital build concerns prior to sign-off.
• Support activities for weight-down, cost-down, build concern resolution and process-improvement.