|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials Designer|
Our automotive OEM Client based in Gothenburg, Sweden is looking for a Senior colour and materials designer to join their growing team. The candidate must have immediate eligibility to work within the EU in order to apply.
• Create and deliver complete design proposals according to design vision/brief and project prerequisites in assigned programs.
• Produce creative and detailed design solutions fulfilling complex technical criteria working in close collaboration with other design disciplines.
• Develop CMF concepts, which are translated into physical solutions and prototypes in cooperation with CMF Specialists and our in-house trim shop.
• Create Colour, Material, Finish definition documents and safeguard CMF releases linked to design gateways.
• Prepare presentations and showcase materials for design reviews. Main focus is to be able to visualize concepts digitally (in Photoshop, VRED, VR), with support from our visualization team.
• Attend in project and engineering meetings, representing CMF.
• Work closely and interact with both internal as well external stakeholders.
• Liaise with Marketing and Project teams in China.
• Min. bachelor’s degree within Industrial Design, Transportation Design or Fine Arts.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience from automotive/transportation design. Experience working in other design related industries is an advantage.
• Deep knowledge in design process and methodology as well CMF development.
• Fluent in English. Knowledge in Mandarin is an advantage.
• Understanding of complete car development process.
• Strong communicator with good presentation skills, both verbally and visually.
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite & VRED with ability to visualize and communicate ideas effectively in 2D and 3D. Other software like Substance or Key Shot is also valuable.
• Strong drive, independent and confident as well as a good team player.
• Structured, methodical and analytical with good planning skills.
• Flexible and able to work under constrained time schedules and frequently revised circumstances. Entrepreneurial mindset.
Software and IT:
Adobe Creative Suite and VRED. Additional advantage if you possess skills in e.g., Alias, Rhino, Grasshopper, Keyshot, Substance.
Be able to travel to China, visiting approx 2-4 times/year, once travel restrictions are lifted.
Driven (a doer) with a “can-do-attitude”, flexible and pragmatic as well a team player.