|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Clay Modeller|
Our automotive OEM Client based in Gothenburg, Sweden is looking for a Lead Physical Modeller to join their growing team. The candidate must have immediate eligibility to work within the EU in order to apply.
Lead and plan the modelling and manufacturing of physical models.
Participate in Project and Design meetings both in-house and at suppliers (see detailed points below).
• Lead, plan and co-ordinate modelling activities and manufacturing of physical models, this includes CMF properties, clay models, verification models, clinic models, ergo bucks, UX rigs, hard models, additive manufacturing parts.
• Liaise and plan workflow with model and fabrication teams (geometry, 3d print, milling, clay/hard modelling, trimming and paint.)
• Be responsible and accountable for the delivery of physical properties in agreed time and to the correct quality and scope.
• Source and initiate purchasing of models and parts, managing suppliers and securing delivery.
• Participate in reviews and presentations both in-house and at the supplier’s business premises.
• Follow up with suppliers and internal teams regarding timing and quality issues.
• Support and represent model and fabrication teams in project meetings, collect and feedback information.
• Control and co-ordinate technical input for models and parts including cv spec.
• Create structured BOM lists.
• Ability to handle and process Cad data using Catia.
• Deep knowledge of modelling processes, material selection, model fabrication processes and assembly.
• A genuine interest in new studio technology and willingness to learn new ways of working.
• Good ability to lead and plan with model and fabrication manufacturing teams.
• Passion for product design development and the ability to support change.
• Fluent in English with the confidence to communicate efficiently and effectively
• OEM design studio experience.
Good Communication Skills, Honest, Technically Competent, Good Work Ethic, Flexible, Determined and Persistent, Team Collaborative, Willing to Share and Learn new methods, Problem Solver.