This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||Central London, UK|
Futura's automotive customer based in Central London are recruiting a PQ – Production Validation Specialist, to join their Perceived Quality Team. This is a highly cross functional team, working inside and outside the Design Studio and responsible for collaborating with the styling, engineering and manufacturing teams to deliver the required competitive level of Design Quality for production vehicles.
This role requires automotive industry experience, the ability to remain focused on tasks whilst adhering to project deliverables; strong cross functional team-working and excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Perceived Quality evaluation & validation support to the start of production
- Collaboration with styling, engineering, manufacturing & suppliers to develop and implement countermeasures that resolve Design & PQ concern items
- Assurance of achievement of Perceived Quality targets up to production in collaboration with the key stakeholders
- Cost reduction / rightsizing activity coordination within the Design studio
Key Tasks Defined
- Attend and support project meetings to ensure understanding that the project direction is clear & communicating with stakeholders where necessary
- Support digital and physical evaluations to identify potential Design Quality concerns
- Design specification & concept sheet evaluation to validate robustness of Design Intent for styling proposals (e.g. colour, gloss, grain harmony)
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders (Styling teams) to communicate project requirements and develop proposals to deliver the required Design Quality
- Collaboration with external stakeholders to implement the required Design Quality
- Follow project timing plans and adhere to allowable cost targets
- Ensure ‘Best Practice’ is followed at all times
- Ability to travel within the UK / European region is mandatory
Skills and Attributes Required
- GD&T implementation to influence Design, Engineering & Manufacturing
- Colour, gloss, grain development and validation, including grain mapping and mark-up
- Experience of materials processing and a wide range of component design and feasibility analysis for the automotive industry
- Appreciation of consumer requirements including evaluation & forecasting of the competitive PQ landscape
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to work cross-functionally with an efficient yet effective manner.
- CAD & visualisation skills (Alias/NX/V-Red) desirable
- Tolerance analysis / digital simulation (ANSYS Aesthetica) desirable
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree in Industrial Design / Product Design or equivalent
- Experience within a design studio environment is desirable