This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Central London, UK|
Our automotive OEM client based in West London are looking for a Design Engineer to join their team.
To design and reverse engineer vehicle components, by accurately creating CAD models and detailed drawings from an existing product ready for the purpose of manufacture and to be sucessfully fitted to vehicles on our high end vehicle project, analysing and modifying as appropriate to improve the CAD model designs.
- To create accurate and detailed CAD designs using Solid Works for vehicle components to be successfully manufactured and fitted into high end vehicles.
- To reverse engineer parts into CAD designs.
- To implement and contribute to a robust, ongoing CAD quality of service to the engineering team.
- Participate with the business to develop and improve CAD practice to reflect business development requirements in developing improved methods and processes.
- Collation of any design issues with all systems and processes highlighting issues as appropriate and providing suggestions for remedial action / enhancements.
- Providing engineering support and generally supporting the team with tasks and projects as required.
- To develop an understanding of engineering materials and applications.
- To build contacts with external suppliers to broaden general engineering product expertise and to develop positive technical relationships.
- Extensive experience working within automotive and motorsport environment with proven experience and competence working with 3D platforms such Solid Works or Catia.
- Experience in designing suspension, vehicle structural parts, brake systems, steering systems, cooling/heating systems.
- Experience in reverse engineering parts into Solid CAD models.
- Experience in the ‘end to end’ design process from initial design to the completion of physical components successfully being fitted to the vehicle.
- Polite, confident, approachable with a ‘can do’ attitude, embracing change as the company grows
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to develop positive relationships and provide excellent technical and administrative support
- A proactive 'hands on' approach
- The ability to multi task, work within a changing environment and to manage changing priorities
- Passionate to drive continuous improvement
- This role does not meet the Home Office Shortage Occupation list criteria, therefore all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.