This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials|
Our Automotive OEM client based in Warwickshire is looking for a Colour and Materials Designer to join their team.
- Responsibility for designing and developing colour & materials for Creation and Realisation and SVO programmes from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond. (Initially the role will be focused on Realisation content.) reporting to the Realisation Colour and Materials Manager.
- Responsible for the development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application
- A collaborative approach will be required to build on program ideas as projects as they move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analysed, developed and lead independently
- Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers
- Responsible for agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time
- Flexibility to carry out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs
- Good understanding of Automotive Colour and Materials Software knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator, VRED preferential) and willingness to learn
- Design visualisation package e.g V-Red Design Degree in relevant Design discipline
- Design Degree in relevant Design discipline and previous experience as a Designer in an automotive OEM Colour & materials Studio, or in Colour & Materials for other industries.
- Good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
- Ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline.
- Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness.
- Ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements.
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate to all levels of staff and management and be a good team player
- Good use of English language and good verbal and visual communication skills
- This position may require travel and is required to work at the main design studio or at other studios around the world if necessary