This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Colour & Materials|
Our OEM Automotive client based in Warwickshire is looking for a Colour and Materials Manager to join their team.
This role is management level. As a recognized expert in the Colour and Materials field you will be able to engage others, leading both people and content, collaborating at multiple levels. As a Creative focused role, the responsibility will be to guide and lead colour and materials programmes at the product level driving and delivering to design and business requirements.
- Responsible for leading the development and innovation of material solutions for both interior and exterior
- Setting the design direction of a project with the design team with a high degree of creativity and solutions
- Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and the best aesthetic solutions
- Detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Design Managers, Marketing Managers, Engineers, PQ and Suppliers
- Responsible for agreeing design changes at the appropriate level and communicating direction to team and suppliers
- Working to collaborate with current and new supplier base, guides designers on best practices for engaging with these networks
- Shares best practice with the team and offer direction as appropriate
- Mentor and coach to others (both Junior and Senior) in Design projects and methods.
- Flexibility to lead work on multiple programme activities dependent on business needs
- A contributor/influencer to Colour and Materials design strategy as our product portfolio and business needs evolve
- Design Degree Automotive or Analogous industry experience
- Ability to use Design Tools (Photoshop/Illustrator/Office Suite and willingness to learn new visualisation software)
- People leading experience
- 5 years management experience
- Excellent creative and presentation skills including photoshop, VRED or similar software
- A good understanding of product / automotive / interior design with good asthetic judgement and colour vision
- Ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline
- Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness.
- Self motivated
- Has the ability to influence the design direction of a project with a high degree of taste/understanding of the brand