|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||Västra Götaland, Sweden|
|Sector||Design - ICEM Surf|
Our OEM Automotive client based in Sweden are looking for a Surface Designer to join their Surface Design Component team.
The surface design department is responsible for delivering the digital models of designed surfaces to engineering throughout the development process (from concept all the way to serial production). The department consists of four groups: concept, components, exterior and interior. At the component group, they are working with complex details such as lights, wheels and grills as well as accessories and graphics.
The client is looking for a senior surface designer with excellent skills in IcemSurf or Alias Surface for the Surface Design Component team. The task will be to develop component surface models (primarily lamps and wheels) of the design process. Main input will be sketches and rough alias models combined with technical input from our studio engineers.
A good sense of shape, a structured way of working, an ability to build models with class-A quality and a “nothing is impossible attitude” is required. You will need to know the technical prerequisites of cars, and experience from exterior light modelling.
- ICEM Surf or Alias
- Class A modelling of lights, grills and wheels among other
- Ensure that the digital models are built according to company standard
- Concept modelling experience is a merit but not required
- ICEM Surf or Alias Surface
- Structured digital modelling with low math and theoretical intersection
- At least 6 years of class A modelling in the automotive industry
- Good technical understanding with high interest in exterior light design and technology
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Basic CATIA V5 knowledge is a merit ( model check)
- Structured with an eye for details
- Patient with a positive attitude
- Self-driven, result oriented and flexible.