This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Design - Sketch Designer|
Our Automotive OEM client based in Warwickshire is looking for Creative UI Designers to join their team.
The succesful candidate will join the team responsible for creating the aesthetic design of the in-car displays Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the clients vehicles. The role includes the development of future GUI design concepts, the development of a feasible theme, and the creation of graphical masters for our luxury production cars in-car screens.
Depending on the project and the scale of the task the position will require the candidate to lead or be part of the development team of the in-car display interfaces working closely with the Interior Design team and the Human Machine Interface team to deliver a Design that is premium in execution, exquisitely detailed and highly functional in an automotive application.
The position requires the ability to deliver production quality masters for the full graphical interface and therefore demonstrable high end Graphical Design skills are essential. As a UI designer you'll be joining a dynamic and diverse close knit team which works at all stages of the design process from concept sketch to the final designs that our customers will see and use. You'll have the opportunity to learn new skills and be part of a team that thoroughly enjoys their work and even occasionally socialises together. Exceptional abilities in UI creation are essential. High quality layout, typography, animation, understanding UX wireframes and simply being aware of current and future design trends are critical to the role.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills are essential, additional skills in After Effects and Adobe XD are also desirable.
- A good level of ability using Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Powerpoint is also expected.
- UI/UX development tools such as XD or Sketch plus 3D modelling and rendering and 3D animation skills (Maya or 3ds Max) are desirable but not essential
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Good spoken and written English language skills are also a must as is the ability to work well in a lively creative team environment.
- Degree in Graphic Design / Digital Design or equivalent,
- Full UK driving licence ideal, though not essential.
- An interest and knowledge of cars and the car industry would be advantageous as is a high level of interest in technology and interaction design.
- Animations skills in After Effects or equivalent.
- Not essential but advantageous: App coding, App development.
- A background and interest in UI and vehicle UI is desirable but not essential.
- A high quality portfolio exemplified with contemporary graphic design styles is an interview must, you may also be expected to produce a test piece of work if shortlisted