|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||Västra Götaland, Sweden|
|Sector||Design - Visualisation|
Our OEM Automotive client based in Sweden are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join their team.
In this role, you are responsible of designing market-leading User Experiences in HMI systems. Considering the whole scope of UX in HMI you are to challenge and innovate the way the users interact with the car’s interaction points. You will work within the HMI Design department, a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued. You will work in close collaboration with the Interior, Components, Exterior, and CMF Design teams. You will also have close cooperation with the Brand & Innovation Design team, Engineering, Marketing and Product planning.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Create UX concepts for the HMI system based on the costumers’ expectation and brand values.
- Drive for exploring new ways of interacting with the interior/exterior of the car and the system.
- Conceptualize your ideas in deliverable material.
- Create compelling sketches that showcases your concept following and shaping the brand design.
- Take an idea from sketch phase to wireframes to prototype, specifying the interaction concept.
- Manage and keep track of implementation plans and Design deadlines.
- Perform tests and validating user clinics of your concept
- Help making the HMI Design departments vision as clear and tangible as possible
- Help merge the HMI Design process with the rest of the Design areas.
- Be a UX evangelist at all moments
- B.Sc. Interaction design, Industrial or transportation design or a Master’s degree in any of the previously mentioned educations. We are looking after the combination of this disciplines. New inter-disciplinary programs are of interest.
- Relevant working experience within UX/UI
- Good knowledge of the HMI design process and best-practices
- Softwares such as Sketch, Photoshop, Principle and VRED
- Ability to drive, motivate and convince
- Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
- Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Independent and confident as well as a good team player
- Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze requirements from upper management.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
- Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture • Automotive experience is an advantage.
- English, spoken and written
- Driver’s license
- Travels to Asia may be needed (approx. 1-2 per year).
- Each individual in the team has a high level of responsibility and mandate, and is expected to be able to work autonomously.