|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||Västra Götaland, Sweden|
As Studio Engineer CMF Material specialist, you are an active link between Product Design, Engineering, suppliers and Purchasing departments. You will work cross projects and cross functions from initial
benchmarks and target settings through to industrialisation.
You will work very closely with CMF designers and the trim shop in Göteborg but also with engineering and VQM in China and Tier 1 suppliers.
For this assignment you will work with development of new seat models and how to dress these in a functional way, according to design intent, quality- and sustainability requirements.
You will be developing strategies, ensuring our deliveries and plan our CMF development within Product Design. You are representing Design in these issues and you need to understand both the big picture and
to be able to go into detailed discussions.
Responsibilities and tasks:
Support CM- and 3D Design with technical expertise in Seat development and surface material application.
• Evaluate techniques that suppliers present and get an understanding of what it would mean in terms of design (including 3D design), timing and cost.
• Act as design representatives in forum outside design department, when needed.
• Participate in- and contribute with technical input at CMF-, Component and Interior design reviews.
• Participate in Project Content discussions.
• Prepare- and follow up budget and time schedule for Seat developments in Corner Stone Project phase (pre-program phase) and in Project phase.
• Coordinate that technical requirements (pre-verification demands), cost targets etc. for Seats is agreed and communicated to selected suppliers.
• Monitor content- and material changes after reviews of seat program and bucks.
• Support Program designers with advice regarding placement of seams, type of stitch, feasibility on material choice, ergonomic and quality aspects to consider e.t.c.
• Travel to Tier 1 suppliers in China for Seat loops together with Specialist designer and Program designers.
• May include frequent travels to China.
• B.Sc. Design Engineering OR equivalent relevant education and experience.
• Experience of working with seat development in the car industry.
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince
• Very good knowledge in materials and upholstery techniques.
• Good communication skills and a trouble shooting attitude.
• Ability to build a wide network
• Ability to communicate / explain the design intentions
• Fluent in English
Software and IT: Office Alias