This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Project Management - Design|
Our automotive OEM client based in the Midlands are looking for a Design Programme Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will lead and support the project team within Product Design. You will be accountable for project management of design project content (Exterior, Interior, C&M, Interaction, Visualization and Design Quality) during all product development phases, from architecture definition to final product design. As well as deliver according to design plans, milestones and objectives in respective Projects.
Responsibilities And Task:
- Plan and forecast programme requirements with reference to manpower, facilities and resources within Product Design
- Create and maintain design project plans and sub plans, and integrate with overall project / programme plans.
- Monitor and co-ordinate the success of on-going programmes to ensure deadlines, content and quality are met
- Manage design project cost, forecasts & follow-up.
- Plan, secure and manage design project activities and resources within Product Design.
- Manage design project communication, with stakeholders and management.
- Organise design reviews, and be the spokesperson for the design department to communicate the design decisions/directions given by Design management.
- Control over programme spend in accordance with budgetary requirements
- Identify and manage risk throughout each programme
- Manage availability of resources to support programme activities
- Produce monthly status reports for delivery at programme milestones
- Track all progress changes and develop suitable recovery plans when required
- Operate in-line with policies, procedures and operational guidelines regarding the companies and health and safety standards.
- Escalate issues and potential programme delays in a timely manner
- Adaptive Thinking - Understands problems, situations and issues. Applying this analysis to improve business performance.
- Continuous Improvement through creative solutions - Solves problems in creative ways. Is willing to question established ways of doing things.
- Engaging Teams - Delivering high performance through effective team working. Supports a culture where the input of all is valued.
- Focused Development - Builds the skills and competencies of self and others. Contributes to improving organisational capability.
- Influencing - Successfully builds support for ideas through effective and appropriate communication strategies.
- Liaising/Networking - Builds internal/external networks in order to deliver business objectives.
- Drive and Accountability - Demonstrates drive and persistence to meet or exceed goals for self and others.
- Commercial Acumen - Understands the markets within which the Company operates. Strives to deliver outstanding business performance.
Essential - Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Programme Manager within Automotive Design.
- Extensive knowledge of processes interfacing with automotive product design
- Engineering biased technical competency
Desirable - Knowledge and Experience:
- Good Understanding of all processes and tools within automotive product design.
- Experience from working in a global environment/organisation.
- University degree in design or engineering
Essential - Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English
- A strong communicator with effective interpersonal skills.
Desirable - Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a strong drive, independence and confidence as well as operating as part of a team.
Essential - Personal Qualities/ Aptitudes:
- Flexible and able to work under constrained time schedules and frequently revised circumstances.
Desirable - Personal Qualities/ Aptitudes:
- Structured, methodical and analytical with strong planning skills.
This role does not meet the Home Office Shortage Occupation list criteria, therefore all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.